Thursday, March 24, 2011

Shawls, how do they work?

I feel like posting a lot.  This is my 3rd post today.  OK, so this is what I am thinking.  I am working on this pattern and I made it harder for myself than necessary.  I intend to have 3 main versions with 30 variations from that.  Uh... yeah.  I could finish it up partway and let people test knit the charted mini version before I finish the rest.

The pattern builds on each level.  It's just a bunch of triangles stacked on top of each other that get a little bit bigger and the little ones on the bottom have to be right.

I knitted up the mini version in the 1st place for instant gratification and that's a reason to let people knit it up.  Then again I will be waiting quite a while for the larger knits to get done not just because they would get access later but because they just take longer to make.  The largest version I did took more than 5 times the yarn that the mini did.

Yeah, I should probably hold off.

Well one thing I can say is that I'd like to see at least 2 versions of the mini.  First would be the same as what I knitted up, 12 repeats across and 3 lace bands.  I would love to see one with 4 lace bands and 10 or 11 repeats.  I also love the idea of it being made of homespun yarn.  I am happy to see some spinners interested in this because all of my version are of homespun.

No comments:

Post a Comment